Female Cymbal lines
Chris
2003-10-15 05:55:26 UTC
Just got back from the Region 18 competition and noticed in 3 bands,
there may have been others I arrived late, cymbal lines comprised
entirely of females and usually wearing different uniforms than the
rest of the band or guard. The 3 bands I noticed were Cedar Park,
Crockett and Round Rock. Any ideas on the trend?

This was also my first time to regional since probably 99 or 2000 and
noticed that drumlines were much smaller, generally 4 snares, 2 tenors
and 5 basses. What happened to the days of 6 or 7 snares and 3 or 4
tenors?

Chris
Shadow Weaver
2003-10-21 22:53:02 UTC
Post by Chris
Just got back from the Region 18 competition and noticed in 3 bands,
there may have been others I arrived late, cymbal lines comprised
entirely of females and usually wearing different uniforms than the
rest of the band or guard. The 3 bands I noticed were Cedar Park,
Crockett and Round Rock. Any ideas on the trend?
This was also my first time to regional since probably 99 or 2000 and
noticed that drumlines were much smaller, generally 4 snares, 2 tenors
and 5 basses. What happened to the days of 6 or 7 snares and 3 or 4
tenors?
Chris
I dunno about the drumlines...most likely for cleanliness if you were
to ask me, but as far as the "Cymbal Chick" idea, I'm sure that trend
has grown mostly through the influence of L.D. Bell's cymbal line due
to the program's success in the past few years. Since they burst onto
the scene as a Regional and State title contender, I've noticed the
burst of similar "Cymbal Chick" cymbal lines and many "L.D. Bell" type
shows.